designer & developer
I’m an experienced designer and front-end developer. I’m a strong communicator who takes a systematic approach to problem solving. This is reinforced with a balance of organizational skills, tireless determination, and empathy. Through observation and analysis, I learned to create print and digital products meant to inspire and engage people. I look to cultivate an immersive humanist and thoughtful way to work or to make work. Authenticity and diversity are important to me because I believe honesty is the best way to solve problems and grow. I enjoy challenges, strengthening systems and materializing innovative solutions.
Lead Designer & Developer 2011 - Present
- Worked closely with clients on various projects ranging from design to development.
- Designed identities, posters, flyers, business cards and other printed materials.
- Built websites using HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap and WordPress.
- Managed and update content on client’s already existing sites.
Lead Designer & Developer 2016 - 2018
Miranda Creative Inc
- Trained team members in essential skills and procedures for efficient project development.
- Led and delegated concept development, creative direction, and site development.
- Materialized functional UX/UI across multiple platforms (mobile, web, and product.
- Created UX/UI elements consistent with the aesthetic appeal of the client’s brand identity.
- Developed UX/UI strategies using iterative design solutions that adhere to guidelines.
- Was responsible for designs; created sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups.
- Drove project management from conception to completion alonside various collaborators.
- Worked on projects with developers, contractors, and team members to execute goals.
- Provided support on existing sites with various development and functionality issues.
UX/UI Designer & Developer 2016 - 2016
Figmints Digital Creative Marketing
- Communicated ideas as well as concepts to clients and studio team effectively.
- Met with team members to clearly define client problems, goals and solutions.
- Designed solutions through a process of wireframing, and designing interactive comps.
- Worked closely with front-end developers to design & develop UI components.
- Produced detailed design specifications for development teams.
- Designed logos, icons, and identity systems in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Design Intern 2016 - 2016
Alexander Isley Inc. Designers
- Developed materials for design briefs that suite the client's purpose.
- Collaborated with designers on numerous briefs and projects.
- Worked creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Presented finalized ideas and concepts to designers.
- Photographed, created and developed graphics and imagery for projects.
- Filmed, recorded and edited studio videos.
- Maintained and updated social media accounts.
Web Developer & Designer 2011 – 2015
University of Connecticut at UITS Web and Mobile Services
- Built custom websites for department, schools and centers across UConn.
- Collaborated with clients to determine project goals and needs.
- Designed several official UConn WordPress themes.
- Developed wireframes, style tiles, and moodboard for projects.
- Led presentations of projects to clients with visual guides and research.
- Applied various design methodologies ensure successful outcomes for clients.
- Designed UConn’s mobile apps, focused on UI, UX, and user accessibility.
- Practiced Agile methodologies as part of the developing process
- Extensively used HTML5, CSS3, and SASS and the Adobe Create Suite
Graphic Designer & Liaison 2011 – 2012
Design Center at University of Connecticut
- Collaborated with designers to design print, websites, and identities for clients.
- Designed engaging websites for various departments within UConn.
- Used Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign to create engaging content.
- Managed content and css for Fine Arts Department site.
Graphic Design & Marketing 2010 – 2011
- Designed and developed company catalogs, web advertisements, and flyers.
- Developed vectored proofs for Lewtan customers using Illustrator.
- Communicated with and helped clients through phone and emails.
Program Assistant (CYFAR) 2007 – 2008
Children Youth and Families at Risk
- Led program education low income families about nutrition on a peer to peer basis.
- Created training program for teenagers to teach children about nutrition.
- Designed training booklet, flyers, logo and posters.
- Managed events in Hartford County for grade school children.
- Managed expenses for flyers, printouts, booklets, supplies and food catering.
University of Connecticut Storrs, CT 2015
BFA, Communication Design
Communication Design program investigates new areas of design practice within a professional context. It promotes cross-disciplinary techniques and responsible thinking.
Minor in Digital Arts
Digital Art Minor program provides exposure to tools and techniques of digital media such as digital photography, video, animation, web development and 3D modeling.
Accepted as Member of Design Center
Accepted for Semester Abroad
Central Saint Martins - Design and Interaction London UK 2014
Accepted into Art Exhibitions
Fine Arts Scholarship Show - University of Connecticut 2012-2014
UCUK Communication Design Show - Arena Gallery 2014
Digital Media Foundations Show - Benton Museum 2012
Manchester Community College Manchester, CT 2011
AS, Graphic Design
The Graphic Design program provides students with a sound foundation in technical skills, digital practice, graphic design concepts, aesthetics and visual communication terminologies.
AS General Studies
The General Studies program is a concentration that is appropriate for a self-designed independent course of study. Allows for exposure in different subject areas i.e, humanities, history, languages.
Accepted into Art Exhibition
Manchester Community College Art Show - Hans Weiss Newspace Gallery - 2012
Sublime, Github, Gulp
HTML5, CSS3, SASS
WordPress, Squarespace, Bootstrap
Adobe Creative Cloud
InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop,
Craft, Runner, Zeplin.io
Macintosh & Windows
User Experience [UX]
User Interface [UI]